[Gpdd] Health: Question about aging piggies

Carol reetpigs at excite.com
Sun Jul 27 22:16:22 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted in quite some time but am wondering if this has happened to other digesters with aging piglets.

Mamapacha is now over 5 years old.  As a younger pig, she was all black.  Parts of her are now turning white, especially around her haunches.  She has lost some weight, which I have seen in other older pigs, but I have had other older black pigs whose hair has stayed black.

Any ideas?  Has anyone else had black pigs that have had their hair get white?  I've seen it in dogs and cats, but not yet in a pig.

Thanks,

Carol, Mamapacha and Topeka