[Gpdd] Health: Doris' Biopsy -- Good News!

pat schuett bunzella at yahoo.ca
Tue Jul 29 13:39:49 EDT 2008

Hi there,

Seeing the post about Teddy Teef and his impending biopsy reminded me I had not told you folks about the results of Doris' biopsy last Friday...

I was dreading and fearing it, too, but when it came right down to it, everything went well.  Doris was very brave and did not even squeak when the vet took the samples (she took two, telling me that if she saw anything at all suspicious in either one, she would send them away to the veterinary college laboratory up north for a second opinion).  Luckily, though, she felt she got a good sample each time and everything she saw indicated that it was a lipoma NOT a tumor.  (As soon as she took the first sample and smeared it on the slide, she said it looked like fat cells to her, which is what it turned out to be!)

I am still a bit concerned because she and Audrey haven't been cleaning up their pellets as usual the past few days, but we have had a string of bad thunderstorms over that same period, and I'm wondering if the piggies are a bit upset because of that?

Anyhow, Doris and I send our best wishes to Teddy Teef, with the hopes that his test turns out the same and his Mum and Dad can relax a bit!

                                            Pat S.
                                            (with Doris, Audrey & Olivia)