[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: Time to Cool Down

gpdd_admin at gpdd.org gpdd_admin at gpdd.org
Tue Jul 29 23:52:03 EDT 2008

Hello, all.

It seems that once again lines have been drawn in the old battle
between breeding and rescue. Let's get a some facts straight:

1. The GPDD is *not* a rescue organization.
2. The GPDD is *not* a breeder organization.
3. The GPDD *IS* a forum for guinea pig lovers.
4. The GPDD is intended as a forum to exchange information about
guinea pigs - health, rescue, breeding, behavior, and grief support
are some of the topics we address.
5. The GPDD board has both rescuers and breeders. If *they* can get
along, there's no reason the members can't!

We'd like to remind everyone that the basic philosophy of the GPDD is
that we are all here for the same reason: our love of piggies. If you
are going to criticize, be careful of generalizing. Before you hit
that "send" button, let that post sit for awhile. Re-read it - you'd
be surprised at what was written in the heat of emotion can be said in
a more civil tone.

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled GPDD.

Thanks,

The GPDD Team