[Gpdd] HEALTH; Tooth/drooling problem

Cuttlefish Arts cuttlefisharts at comcast.net
Wed Jul 30 12:24:50 EDT 2008

First of all, let me just preface this with the following: I have a good vet
and have been keeping GPs for 20 years.

Ravi is a Peruvian neutered male, about 4.5 years old. For several months
he's been dropping weight (slowly) and has a wet chin most of the time.
Sometimes his chest is wet with saliva and water from his bottle, and I've
begun to clean him and dry him regularly so he won't catch cold from being
damp all the time. You can tell it's mostly saliva, not just sloppy water
drinking, because of the odor.

He has had overgrown molars, twice now, and had them trimmed by an excellent
exotics vet. She detected no underlying defects or problems. His front teeth
occlude normally and he does not appear to have a problem handling his food
or eating. He is to all appearances a good and enthusiastic eater, and seems
perfectly healthy in every way.

We've checked for dehydration and he gets plenty of Vitamin C.

Any clues? I'm at a loss.

Thanks for any help
Vic