[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Condolences for California Cookie and Little Bear

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Thu Jun 12 12:31:10 EDT 2008

Mary Fran

We were so very sorry to hear of the tragic sudden departure to the Rainbow
Bridge of your beloved piggies California Cookie and Little Bear. It is
terrible  to lose just one piggy, especially when one feels it could have been
avoided had  one done things differently, but to lose two in such a way is a double
 heartache, and you will be feeling bereft, we are sure. You may remember how
 five Dolly Mixtures were murdered by dogs in May 2003, and how dreadful
Debbie  slave felt afterwards - it was a tragedy which will haunt her forever.

It must be a timely sad reminder to us all that piggies cannot cope with
extreme heat - the female Dolly Mixtures are always being moved in and out of
the porch according to the weather, as the temperature in there can reach over
40 degrees in the sun. Their outdoor hutch and run has been moved this year,
and  the run is still not secure, so they can't yet move out for the summer
permanently, though hopefully they may make it this weekend. But they are always
 transported out into portable runs with plenty of shade on the rare
occasions we  have hot weather.

At least they will have arrived at the Rainbow Bridge together, so neither
was left to feel lonely. You will have many happy memories to bring you
comfort,  but we know the pain you must be feeling right now. Please accept our most
sincere condolences from across the ocean, and know that you are in our
thoughts  and prayers at this very sad time.

Debbie and the Dix Dolly Mixtures