[Gpdd] VIRTUAL Camping update.

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sat Jun 14 14:32:05 EDT 2008

While my mail server is up and running, I thought I'd post an update to the camping trip.

My lawn is now covered in little tents and the summerhouse is full of sleeping bags and cavy cosies.

We waited for Daisy and Halloween to return from the airport with Lady Bug before setting out for lunch. Lady Bug had a great flight as, when the PigAir stewards found out about her important birthday, they laid on a champagne brunch for her. She had a little nap on the way home from the airport.

I took all the piggies to the Pig Your Own farm for their lunch and whilst I had a coffee and cake they grazed their way through an entire polytunnel full of salad. The owner of the farm had never seen so much salad devoured in such a short time and now understands why I buy so much of his produce. The children's playground also provided a lot of entertainment as there are concrete pipes to climb through.

On the way home, we called in at Roly's farm. He grows and prepares veggies for local restaurants and saves leaves and bits for the Piggyfriends. We collected a big box of cauli leaves, broccoli stalks and carrot tops, which should go a fair way to staving off hunger this evening and keep my own veggies in reserve for tomorrow's festivities.

It has been an unexpectedly fine day so Lady Bug had a well deserved nap on a lawn chair, whilst the other piggies busied themselves with their SAS games. A large pile of logs has been moved onto the lawn for tonight's campfire. Luckily I have no neighbours so no-one can complain about the smoke and no houses will be in imminent danger of burning down. I'm not sure if piggies are safe with matches so have left buckets of water around just in case.

A guy in our village tinkers around with classic cars, notably large American ones with lots of chrome bits ( you can tell that I know a lot about cars! ) and was very impressed with Igor's car in the driveway. Igor took groups of piggies for a spin around the countryside and attracted a lot of attention. I hope that he remembered to drive on the left. Everypig is safely back here again and no pig has yet managed to fall in the pond so, all in all, it has been a very good day.

I think that I will leave them all to their campfire songs as this might not be suitable for slaves to hear and rely on one of the piggies to report back to the digest.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.