[Gpdd] Misc: attn: Laura re: classroom piggy

dogcatpiggymom at yahoo.com dogcatpiggymom at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 21 13:37:08 EDT 2008

Hi Laura.
I know what you're feeling.  It's very frustrating especially since you were 'scolded' by the teacher.  Is she taking the pig home for the summer?  Can you volunteer to take it?

A similar thing happened to me.  When I was teaching 3rd grade, a first grade teacher had a bunny in a TINY cage.  Oh, it killed me.  She did let him out each afternoon after the children were gone, but all day long all he did was sit like a stuffed animal in a small cage without the proper food, toys to play with, hideys, etc.

What I did was ask her if she would mind if I gave her a larger cage for him.  She said she'd love it (because she wasn't planning on buying one herself).  Well, I gave her a big cage (I know a lot of people and often get things donated...and I take everything as someone always needs something!) and I would feed the rabbit fresh veggies every day.  Sadly, I left that June, but at least he had larger quarters.

Do you or someone you know have a bigger cage?  If not, check ads...sometimes people are happy to get rid of their stuff (for free).

I hope you can help this little pig!
Keep us posted.
Joanne
Spicy, Merri, Macie, Teddy (and his bride), Baci, Sweetie

Opt to Adopt!  Don't buy your next pet!                     Happy Summer!