[Gpdd] [Health] Balance

New Dominant II me at buddies.org
Sun Jun 22 13:46:30 EDT 2008

Sarah, I know this is really a late reply ... but I'm way behind on my
guinea pig reading.  Anyway, are you sure the infection is completely gone?
Ear infections are extremely stubborn to treat.  That would be my first
concern, especially if she loses her sense of balance easily.

I have a pig who had a mild ear infection a few years ago (she's 4.5 years
old now).  She still keeps her head tilted most of the time, though
sometimes she straightens it out when she relaxes.  I have to be careful
when I pick her up or she may roll over if I don't set her down just right.
Also, she can't always keep her balance on her two hind legs, but she's
better at it now (I gently lift her front paws and get her to balance on her
hind legs).  For the most part, though, she's like her old self.