[Gpdd] HEALTH Rolled Oats

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Mon Jun 23 05:06:16 EDT 2008

The Piggyfriends have been given a dry mix of grains and grass pellets from time immemorial. This contains oats but, as so many things are lost in translation, this is what my oats look like.

They are flat, almost circular and are no more than 1/4 in. in diameter. When I used to mix my own, the petshop labelled them as crushed oats.

So, if these oats are the ones in question, there is no reason no to use them. My Rodentologists feed the same mix to their piggies and these are also used at the CCT ( Cavy Hospital ).

This bowl of dried mix is only there as "something to eat between meals" and not as a substitute for the copious quantities of veg that the herd devour every day.

I can't comment on bran other than having a distant memory of it being sprinkled on food by my granny and that's enough to put me off using it for anything. Yuk.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.