[Gpdd] HEALTH ;Trixie

davedave121 at aol.com davedave121 at aol.com
Fri Jun 27 13:51:41 EDT 2008

Hi marsha

I feel so sad for you in that horrible horrible place you are in, I
know it only to well, the pain is unbearable. When I am in this place I
try and think of the how much love and joy they give us , (I really can
not imagine a life without piggy’s).

When you say you can not get Trixie to drink or eat I was wondering if
you have been  syringe feeding her,
I have had poorly pigs that have responded very well to 4 hourly liquid
feeds, Vet ark’s CRITICAL CARE FORMULA can be a life saver, also
liquidised veg with milled timothy  hay is excellent , you also need to
incorporate a probiotic, this is very important as piggy’s  digestive
system breaks down very quickly, and that’s where a lot of problems
stem from, FIBREPLEX is very good  , also AVIPRO PLUS.
It can take a long time, one of my old boars (Gizzy a 6 year old) lost
half his body weight , and it took me four months to get him right.

Sadly I have a sinking feeling that you are past all this and I’m
desperately trying to throw you a life line, I pray this is not the
case . Please God let Trixie pull through .

Yours in hope upon hope
Dave, Yvonne and the herd at piggy palace UK