[Gpdd] [misc] pet peave

lucky duck undermyskin11 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 27 23:55:08 EDT 2008

Hi piggy friends slave Heather here,

haha I just wanted to let some feelings out.

At the end of the school year I was showing my parents and some of the other parents in my school the cavy sanctuary and of course I was telling them information about them and how my project revolves on keeping them healthy.  why why WHY does every conversation about cavies always lead to talking about people in South America that EAT cavies!  They talk about eating cavies while we are standing there in the middle of the cavy room (yes they have there own room) in front of the cavies.  It just makes me think about people eating our cavies and it makes me feel sad and want to cry! It was horrible.

Another thing is that I lost my cavy Papaya a few years ago.  I was devastated. For a whole year I would wake up crying in the middle of the night or during the day I would have to walk off from other people to settle myself down if i started thinking about him.  During this time I would get heaps of people asking me, "Why are you so sad? It's just a guinea pig."  errr... Just a guinea pig.... Just a cavy.... Just a best friend.... Just a loved one that I care for.... I felt like blowing their heads off. Bless Papaya.

Does anyone else have other pet peeves about cavies or feel the same way.

I just really needed to get that out! :)

-Peanut, Spike, Boomer and slave Heather :)