[Gpdd] Misc: pet peeves (Heather)

dogcatpiggymom at yahoo.com dogcatpiggymom at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 29 10:49:46 EDT 2008

Hi Heather!

It's difficult to imagine that the little souls we love so much are eaten elsewhere.  No pun intended, but it's a difficult concept for me to swallow.

I was totally bored yesterday and made the grave mistake of going on You Tube and looking up guinea pigs.  Oh, some videos were precious, but many were downright disturbing.  What are people thinking?!!!
Some pigs were held so poorly that I thought for sure they'd fall, break their backs, and were frightened out of their minds!  Do people do this just for the video and "fun"?  There were piggies thrown (yes, thrown) into water and forced to swim, on a trampoline while someone was jumping on it, and a very big, pregnant sow sitting in an obviously uncomfortable position.  Talk about MY pet peeves: these videos and
irresponsible piggy owners!
Of course, it didn't stop there, but I had to stop looking.  There were videos of cavies being raised as food, the cuy itself, and perhaps the most ugly: piggies being fed to snakes!  I didn't turn that one off quick enough and had nightmares about that poor, screaming pig all night long.
So,
yes, when it comes to guinea pigs (ALL animals, really), I have many pet peeves!
Be careful when viewing You Tube!

I am so grateful to meet a bunch of friends like all of you to remind me that there really ARE wonderful animal-loving people in the world!

Joanne
Mom to 3 dogs, 5 cats, 6 piggies

Until there are none, adopt one!  Don't buy while shelter animals die.