[Gpdd] Announcement: Out of touch again

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Sat Mar 1 00:11:38 EST 2008

Reading today's GPDD's (I'm really still back in the 50's so I'm really
behind.) I'd hoped to wish Lynn well before her surgery. I hope, and feel sure,
that it will all go well! You're too neat of a person not to quickly spring back.

     My father --he'll be 85 in July -- has been staying with me. He was
outside on the 20th. We were having lots of snow and he went to sweep our vehicles
off.
     He stepped on an snow covered   icy area and broke his ankle and leg. He
had surgery this past Monday tho the put him in a temporary cast the
preceding Wed.
     The whole thig was very dramatic and heart rending - he had to drag
himself across snow covered drive and up my long ramp. My nurse was here that day
as I was having an IV infusion of several hours duration and heard a dragging
noise on the ramp. She went to investigate. He wouldn't let her help him so
she then came into the bedroom and told me. I was carrying my pump and IV
medicatin and trying to figure out a way to help him. He said the best way was to
let him continue on his own.
     His leg was straight and his foot turned at an awkward angle. He looked
so vulnerable and yet determined.
     I ran to call 911 and nurse did something very clever. She spread a
blanket down on floor in the door way and after he was on it she dragged it (and
him) to the middle of the living room.
     Paramedics cut off his boot and it was terribe looking. Nurse said she
had only seen such breaks in text books in college. My father was amazingly
great about it all. Anyway, my local daughter had taken that morning off from
work and so ended up staying home all day -- or, more accurately, stayed at ER
with him. Bless her hear.
     They are keeping him for therapy, etc. for another 10 days which is
good.
     Anyway, I'm way   way behind on my GPDDs and emails. Plus there's
another medical sitution going on in the family.

     Sorry to be so neglectful of you wonderful people but wanted to let you
know what was going on. also, if anyone emailed me and got it back because my
mailbox "is full" -- try again.

     Hey -- did Fugly ever get to do his Princess of the Desert thing?

     Charlie is wheeeking around wanting to send messages to Yaya, Igor and
all of his "buds."

Alge and Charlie, Jolly Rodent