[Gpdd] HEALTH Lice

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Mon Mar 3 04:43:26 EST 2008

Hello Sara,

I am sorry that you have not had any more replies to your query about Lice. I hadn't replied before because the finest remedy for lice that I have ever found, Vet Sect Repel shampoo, is not available in the US. We discussed this some time ago and no-one there had heard of it. (I am in England ).

Before the advent of this wonderful product, I used Advantage for my piggies. I know that you can buy this but, to be honest, I was never very impressed with the results and often had to treat infested piggies again and again before control was achieved. GuineaLynx recommends the use of topical Ivermectin and Advantage. http://www.guinealynx.com/lice.html

In England, Advantage comes in little tubes, several to a packet. I used to break one open and use it to treat two piggies by putting half of the tube on the back of each neck. My vet reckoned that four smaller piggies could use one tube between them.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.