[Gpdd] HEALTH: Isabel's Health Problems

Dukejan1 at aol.com Dukejan1 at aol.com
Mon Mar 10 20:29:26 EDT 2008

Hi all,
Just wanted to post regarding Isabel's health problems and trying to see if
anyone has experienced anything similar.  I took Isabel to the emergency  vet
last Sunday because I found her habitat had blood on the floor.  She  was
diagnosed with a urinary tract infection and also a parasite infection
(coccidia).  The vet explained that coccidia is everywhere in the  environment and only
becomes a problem when it finds an opportunity to  strike.  I guess it was the
infection that allowed it to grow.  Isabel  had soft stools off and on for
about 10 days.  I figured that Mommy and  Daddy slave were just being too
generous with the greens as she didn't seem to  be in any pain.

While we were at the vet, I pointed out a tiny growth that had only  appeared
about 1-2 weeks prior.  During the week, we had an ultrasound  performed.
Isabel has ovarian cysts, a build up of tissue in the uterus,  and some
thickening around the mammary glands. She hadn't lost any fur at  all and showed no
signs of illness.  Because of her age (she's 4  years 7 months old), the vet
reminded me that a spay would be  very risky.  Since she is now playing and
eating happily, we've opted  for monthly injections of lupron to control the cysts.
 Hopefully, this  will spare Isabel the trauma of a surgery, but control the
problem while giving  her as good and happy a life as possible.

Please keep her in your prayers.  Thanks.

Janet, slave to Isabel and Lily