[Gpdd] MISC: Peter Gurney Candle Lighting

Candy G. crawdad1953 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 12 17:22:21 EDT 2008

March 9th, 8pm (Pacific)... We lit a candle in Sheridan, Oregon, in memory
of Peter Gurney and also in memory our our sweet little MollieBug and, of
course, our dear TopperThePig who just recently joined his beloved Mollie
at the Bridge.  Cat X was very interested and respectful.  :)

This was an absolutely wonderfully inspired idea last year, Audrey, and I
really appreciate the gracious and loving energy you have put into keeping
us reminded this year to again take the opportunity to honor and celebrate
the birthday and the life of the great "Pig Whisperer".  Don't you know that
he and all of the Bridge piggies get an absolute kick out of watching all the
little candle lights gradually making their way across the planet???

I have not seen all of the digests lately, so I don't know who put out the idea
of March 9th also becoming a 'Guinea Pig Memorial Day' for all piggies who
have crossed (not just beloved pets, but abandoned piggies, 'back room' pet
shop piggies, laboratory piggies, etc. - ALL piggies).  I love the idea!!!!!!  It
could also be an honoring and a sending-out of nurturing love and healing
energy to all living piggies who are in difficult/neglected/challenging/abusive
circumstances.  Are we voting????  I vote yes!

Candy, Hubby Carl, and the notorious Cat X
(With Topper and Mollie always in our hearts)