[Gpdd] HEALTH- plastic eating & shedding

Jaime rzm.2 at juno.com
Wed Mar 12 15:04:28 EDT 2008

  Hey all! I have 2 questions to pick your brains with.
  First- Mimi has a plastic Marchioro cage (the kind with the plastic base & then the cage part sits on top of that) & she has started chewing on & eating the plastic tabs that hold the cage together. Does anyone know of something I could put on the spots she is chewing to get her to stop. I thought of bitter apple spray, but I heard that is bad for piggies. She is going to make herself sick from eating the plastic. It's not like she doesn't have anything else to chew on. She has her wood house which she chews on sometimes & I have 2 chew sticks in there for her, but of course, she's being stubborn. So if anyone has any suggestions for something to put on the plastic to stop the chewing I would appreciate it.
  Also does anyone else have (or have had) an Agouti piggie? Do they shed more then other types of piggies? She sheds alot. Has since we got her, but I started thinking about it & she's the first Agouti I've ever known, so I thought maybe it's the breed? She's not sick & has no mites or hormonal problems, she's just a shedder. Just curious. I want to learn more about Agoutis. She's a very unique piggie, both in behavior & looks!
  My condolences to all those who have lost a furry friend or have a furry friend not feeling well. Take care!

~Jaime & Mimi~
~Molly, Radar & Albert always in our hearts~
http://piggiepages001.blogspot.com/

Get your fix. Click here for reliable handyman services!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2121/fc/Ioyw6i3oif5eYWAyCdR2iam6YoMl730FRK4RctS50DpUVzFSQTQNIi/