[Gpdd] MISC Condolences for Hamlet

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Fri Mar 14 15:38:45 EDT 2008

Eve,

I was sorry to read that Hamlet has gone to the Rainbow Bridge. What an incredible long life he enjoyed. One does not often hear of an 8 year old piggy - a credit to your excellent care.

I do hope that Paddington will get over the loss of his dear friend. Boars often seem to take it very hard when they lose their companion and I hope that he is eating better now. I have sometimes had to syringe feed a bereaved boar to keep him going until he starts to pick up. Having lots of piggies I can usually pair him up with another or put his pen next to some other piggies to cheer him up. Sometimes a new piggy arrives at just the right time to help with the loss of a friend.

Our sympathy on the loss of Hamlet but, as you say, he is free of pain now and what a wonderful life he had.

Cuddles to Paddington and Agnes,

Take care,

Penny and the Piggyfriends.