[Gpdd] Misc: Re Disturbing Ad

cmartinez36 at comcast.net cmartinez36 at comcast.net
Sat Mar 15 17:12:59 EDT 2008

About the American Lung Assoc ad with the dead-looking guinea pig. Yes I agree that ad is not very nice. It looks Photoshop-faked too. Because the guinea pig has only three toes showing on the front feet, for one thing. Still, I don't lose your point that portraying our pets like that shows a lack of respect for them, encouraging people to think of them as something to be experimented on, rather than celebrated for their wonderful qualities. It is  uncomfortably reminding us that our gentle creatures are victims of science experimentation. In society at large, our wonderful guinea pigs are underappreciated. We are the PR people for guinea pigs, all of us who take the time to learn about our pets.

Carla, slave to Apache and Remy