[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Condolences for Prince Hamlet

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Sun Mar 16 07:28:48 EDT 2008

Eve, Paddington and Agnes

We were so very sorry to hear of the departure to The Rainbow Bridge of  your
Senior Citizen Ageing Miracle Pig, Hamlet. What a magnificent age he  reached
- there can't be many piggies that make it beyond 8 years, and it must  be a
tribute to the loving care you lavished upon him that he was able to enjoy
such a prolonged life. We are sure he appreciated all you did for him,
especially during the period he was preparing for his departure. As you say, he  beat
the odds and became an old, old piggie, and we understand what you say  about
"doing well about losing" him. Almost a year ago our most aged cat, Daisy,
left peacefully for The Bridge at the age of 18 and three quarters, and although
 we were sad to have her no longer with us, we were glad that she had chosen
her  own time and place and that we had been lucky enough to have enjoyed her
company  for such a long time.

Paddington must be feeling his death terribly - we dread anything happening
to one of our two older gents that have shared a cage all their lives.
Paddington is probably too set in his ways to accept a new cagemate, but maybe
another piggie or two in a cage next door would give him a bit more interest in
life and in eating?

We are glad you recognised how supportive our very special community is  when
a member leaves for The Bridge. We have found the same, and hope it gives
you as much comfort in this time of bereavement as it has given us under similar
 circumstances.

Debbie and the Dozen Dolly Mixtures