[Gpdd] Health: Cocoa - and Baby Piggerts

Donna Lenz gypsy1sato at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 18 13:53:24 EDT 2008

Suzy,

  Glad Cocoa did ok with the teeth grinding.  Sometimes it's just a genetic thing and you may not notice it right away.  Weight loss can be a million things - and when life gets hectic you may not catch everything as quickly as you like.

  The important thing is that Cocoa is ok!

  During Christmas I ended up re-homing 9 guinea pigs from all over - plus adopting Squeaky and Buttercup.

  Two of those adoptees - females went to a friend's farm.  The other "fe-MALE" was re-adopted to an awesome home in MA where HE lives with numerous other creatures and is spoiled beyond imagination.

  Last weekend I went to visit her, and low and behold - I discovered 2 newborn piggerts in the Habitat shelter with their Mom and Aunt.  They live outside all year round and love to popcorn in the snow.  They have tunnels and layers and layers of hay and fir branches.  It's very cool! No one knew she was pregnant - nor that her original roommate was a male!

  We moved Mom and the babies into a big cage with hay into the barn under the heat lamp.  The babies are named Ginger and Spice and just adorable!  I just got a delivery of Sweet Meadow Hay Baby Pig Pellets to bring for them on Friday.

  I will also bring them some Cavy Cozys to sleep in - I have to make more for the Etsy store - but Babys come first!  LOL!!!!!

  My husband is coming with me to meet the Babys - and there is a slim chance we may take them when they are old enough.  We've never ever raised tiny piggerts, so we're praying they are the same sex and we could take them both. We always get the adult's desperate for homes.

  Sweet Meadow has the coolest little cardboard pig houses stuffed with hay and CHEAP!  I just ordered 4 of them - one for each of the girls, and one for the prairie dogs.  The girls will get theirs this weeked when I clean their cages, but the prairie dogs got theirs today.  They are having a blast ripping it up and pulling out the hay to munch.

  Does anyone else use Sweet Meadow Hay Products?  I like it just as much as the Oxbow, and with Al on the East Coast it costs half the price even with shipping.  I also get the delivery the next day.

  Donna, Penny, Annie, Squeaky and Buttercup