[Gpdd] Cocoa is not only sick, but...;

Julia Kennedy tabithaporter at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 19 08:58:22 EDT 2008

Hi Suzy

It is very easy to treat guinea pig teeth without
using anaesthetic, unfortunately, vets won't believe
it. I trained with Vedra at the CCT last summer and
before I went, my vet told me that it just couldn't be
done.  He had to eat his words when I came back and
showed him.

You need to use special buccal separators for guinea
pigs, but the important thing to know is that the
guinea pig has to be well wrapped up, and put on his
back on a pillow.  It's the lack of use of the pillow
and wrapping which makes most vets fail.  Once
securely wrapped, it is quite simple to insert the
buccal separators and then file the teeth.

It's probably worth having a chat with your vet about
this and see what he says.  You can find more info out
on this on guinealynx.

Best wishes

Julia