[Gpdd] Bridge: A friend for Peter Gurney, Joe

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Fri Mar 21 00:45:47 EDT 2008

Dear Gail and Carol,

     I am totally stunned and sick at heart at the news of Joe's death. One
of the last times that we exchaged an email or an IM, he mentioned that we
needed to appreciate the good days, meaning the days when we felt good. That
indicated to me that he was having some worse times physically.

     Also, his absence online has concerned me but I fully expected to see
his screen name to pop up again -- any day now.

     But this news?!!   Sweet Jesus! I never expected to start my GPDD
reading to encounter this, though I am so glad, Carol, that you've let us all know.

     Gail, you must be so heartsick. I know how very much you meant to him.
You and George were his world. And Carol, George's "mother in law" -- he
considered you a great friend. For a while the mother-in-law thing...I thought you,
Carol, were Gail's mother. LOL   Then over time I figured it out.

     This is a time when many of us will definitely share your sense of loss,
Gail, though your loss is far greater than anyone else's. Still, we sometimes
write about "community pigs" and George was certainly one of those. But Joe
was a community PERSON, one of the best to ever grace the pages of the GPDD.

     The March 9th candle ceremony should include Joe as well as Peter Gurney
-- I don't think anyone would disagree.

     Gail, Joe told me that you were writing a book about George and he was
so pleased with it, even tho remembrances made him sad, too.

     I'd still like to read it one day.

May God comfort you -- and please, do touch bases from time to time!

Alge and the remaining Jolly Rodent, Charlie (who has a little friend now)