[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Joe

staileys staileys at comcast.net
Fri Mar 21 13:03:49 EDT 2008

Dear Carol,

Please pass along to Gail my deepest sympathy on the passing of Joe.  I have
been a member of the GPDD for over 10 years and I remember with much
fondness Joe's postings.  He never failed to amuse us with stories of George
the Guinea Pig - what a special, special life that little fellow had! I
don't think anyone could have loved his piggie more than Joe did...well,
Leah and Brownie Bear and Butterscotch do run a close second. But more than
his stories, there were his heartfelt, poignant responses when someone else
lost a piggie.  Such emotion, such true empathy poured out from him. To have
received a posting from Joe when you were experiencing the loss of your
precious piggie must have been such a comfort and an honor.

I remember the day that George passed.  So many of us were in disbelief. So
many of us cried...not only for the loss of a great piggie, but also for
Joe. How could we, who had come to rely on his comforting eulogies, comfort
him? And then when he wrote that he would no longer be posting on the GPDD,
that George's loss had been too much to bear, we cried again. I truly missed
Joe's postings over the years and was so gladdened when he returned to post
to Leah.

We often say that when our piggies pass they go to the Rainbow Bridge where
they are now pain free and running about with their friends, eating parsley
and hay, and having a grand old time. I truly believe Joe is there now, too.
He's with George once again; Peter's with him, too. And like Peter, Joe
touched countless lives around the world with his love and caring for guinea
pigs.  Gail, we share your loss deeply and hope you know that Joe was loved
by so many of us for the wonderful caring man he was.  May God be by your
side as you journey through this difficult time.

Sincerely,

Laura Stailey and the Four Fluffernutters (Samantha, Pearl, Frodo and Zoe),
remembering the Belgian Boys - Anakin and Dodger

from North Potomac, MD