[Gpdd] MISC: Thank you and Goodbye

Candy G. crawdad1953 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 21 14:28:02 EDT 2008

Greetings, Digesters -

Forgive me for flooding the digest today with CandyGrams (haha), but I am trying to
wrap things up and wanted to make sure I got in all of my last "two cents".    :)

I have been thinking about this decision for several weeks now and feel that the time
is right to say goodbye to the wonderful Guinea Pig Daily Digest.  After eagerly reading
the digest as my 'first email' every day for many years now, it is almost impossible to
imagine not doing so any longer.  I have laughed loud and long at so many of the antics
that have been posted, and I have cried many tears through many of the other posts.
Each loss of a sweet little furbaby has broken my heart and each rescue and success
story has made my spirit soar.  The knowlege, advice, support, understanding, creativity,
humor, caring, sharing, and love that shines through each and every digest has been
nourishment for my spirit and medicine for my soul.

But <sigh>, all things change and, in a very natural "this is how life unfolds sometimes"
way, some of the changes that are occuring in my life are demanding more and more of
my time and energy.  I go for days sometimes now without opening email and get far
behind in digest and then can't seem to get caught up and - of course! - I don't want to
miss a single word.  And also, if I am completely honest about it, since losing Topper
right on top of the one-year anniversary of my sweet mama's death (who ADORED
Topper and Mollie and referred to them as her 'grandpigs'), it has been harder to read
the digest these days.  I feel like a wimp for saying that, but it is true none-the-less.

So, it is time for me to go.

On a very personal level, I'd like to ask for something and I'd like to give something.

I'd like to ask that you all keep my husband  and mother-in-law in your hearts and
thoughts.  My husband has cancer (but, thankfully, is doing GREAT right at this time)
and my mother-in-law is moving further and further into the fog of Alzheimer's
Disease.  I cannot think of a more caring and compassionate group of folks than you
to ask for good thoughts and good wishes for these two very special people.

And what I'd like to give is this:  You are each and every one a part of my heart.  I
will continue to think of you and, with each thought, send you wishes for strong days,
restful nights, gentle healing for your hearts, and calm peace for your spirits.  Each
of your little furbabies - those gone, those present, and those to come - will always be
in my heart and thoughts.  If there is anything I can ever do for any of you, PLEASE
let me know.  I would very much enjoy hearing from you off-digest just to say hi or
for anything that you need.

There should be a language of gratitude that is all its own... but there isn't... and the
two simple words "thank you" just don't go far enough for the wonderful gifts and
blessings that I have received from all of you.  My grandmother used to say,
"Honey, there comes a time when words have to leave off and the heart takes over."
So, I will 'leave off' with the words and hope that the language of my hearts says it
with the genuine eloquence you all deserve:  "Thank you.  I love you."

With deepest love and gratitude to all peoples and piggies, and gentle strength and
healing to all who are ill or broken-hearted,

Candy, the Notorious Cat X, and dear hubby Carl
(with Topper and Mollie always in our hearts)