[Gpdd] MIsc: Re: In Memory of Joe

adcavy at aol.com adcavy at aol.com
Sat Mar 22 11:58:10 EDT 2008

For those of us who have been members of the digest for many years the
news of Joe's death is a shock. Since losing his beloved George, Joe
hadn't posted much on the digest. I expect it reminded him too much of
George and his terrible loss.

For members who never knew of Joe I can tell you he had such a big
heart and spirit and whenever he posted they both lit up the digest.
Whenever anyone lost a pig Joe would post such wonderful touching and
comforting tributes for the owner as well as their departed pet. No one
could put the feelings we all have when our beloved pets die into words
better than Joe.

I remember George's marriage to Angel. The descriptions of the event
and celebrations all written in Joe's wonderful way. I also remember
George's struggle at the end as he fought to stay with Joe and Gail and
ow hard they fought  to keep him with them. Only people who were on the
digest at that time know of the valiant efforts they both made to keep
him healthy for as long as they could. I felt humble every time Joe
posted another episode in George's daily struggle with illness.

When it finally came to the time for George to go to the Bridge it was
almost too painful to read Joe's tribute to him. His loss and grief
were so strong you could feel them in his words. Sadly none of us on on
the digest at the time could do justice in words to George as Joe had
often done for our pigs. I guess we were just not elequent enough.

I had the great privilege of not only having Joe post tributes to my
pigs, especially Golden Girl who died many years ago( it still brings
tears to my eyes to read it) but of having some emails from him as
well. I treasure them still.

Our thoughts and prayers are with gail at this sad time. May the
thought of Joe at least being reunited wih George bring her some small
comfort as well as the support of those of us who are proud to call him
a digest friend still.

Always remembering Joe and George.

Antoinette and the Magic 60