[Gpdd] [Health] Cocoa's teeth

Suzy Dünser suzy at dunser.com
Sun Mar 23 04:27:11 EDT 2008

Hi Kay,

Thanks for the advice about the anaesthetic. I will find out what they
usually use, and if it's not isoflurane, ask that they do use that for
him. I have mixed some Vitamin C in with his food, so he should be
okay as far as that goes. I've also been giving him baby food apples.
He doesn't really eat anything enthusiastically; the only thing he
sucks down himself is the water.

Right now I'm just hoping that he makes it till the appointment. He
looked a little worse this morning, and then Tom (my husband) freaked
me out later today by saying he didn't think Cocoa was going to last
much longer. I had to go out in the afternoon and I was so worried
that he'd have died when I got back. But he was okay, and I just got
him to swallow a little food now, and he seems to weigh the same as
yesterday, which, while not an improvement, is at least better than
going down...

Tom and I decided we will let Cocoa stay with Rocky overnight, rather
than keeping him in with us, because we think he'd be more relaxed in
his house and near his brother. I've put extra hay in for him to hide
under, if he wants.

Cheers and wheeks from Suzy, Rocky, and Cocoa