[Gpdd] Health: Question about abscesses

cmartinez36 at comcast.net cmartinez36 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 23 22:55:28 EDT 2008

 I noticed that Stacy of Stacy and the Squee Squad mentioned one of her piggies had an abcess recently. My cute lil pig Apache did too! A huge one. Boy was it an ordeal. He spent the entire month of February fighting to get rid of that nasty bacteria. We were flushing his wound twice a day, (to Apache, that must have been like the torture of waterboarding) antibiotics, painkillers, more mini-surgeries, more antibiotics, etc etc. Not fun. it would be good to compare notes about it. Our vet has Apache scheduled for a re-check again in a couple of weeks.....he's doing well, but we have to be sure he isn't harboring any more of it.....

Good wishes for all,

Carla, Apache and Remy