[Gpdd] HEALTH Boomer's grumpinest?

Smart Cookie ashleebartlett10 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 25 19:09:14 EDT 2008

Dear Everyone out there,

My guinea pig Boomer was in his cage one day and then my biggest guinea pig Spike came up and they started fighting.  So what we did was separated them, and checked both of the guinea pigs for cuts or anything, we found out that boomer had a gash on his leg, so we qwarantined him (ican't spell).  We have fixed the cut now, with some peroxide, stuff.  Now whenever we try and put the guinea pigs together, they always jsut hairball fight. We tried putting my guinea pig spike together with Spike, but then they just started hairball fighting and so we threw a towel on them to stop the fighting, that obviously didn't work.  So finally my sister could go in there and wrap a towel around Boomer.  When I went to go pick up spike, we noticed that he had his teeth dug into some part of his lower body, we could not tell, but we got him off.  When Spike released boomer, some hair fell out form the towel, we immediatly checked both guinea pigs for cuts and stuff, then we noticed that boomer had a big cut down his nose.  Also the first day when they started hairballing boomer bit my sisters hand and made blood gush out of her hand.

Does anyone know what I can do?  We are thinking that Boomer might be jelous of Spike's friend Peanut.  We think that because whenever Peanut and Boomer are together they team up on spike, but when Spike and Boomer are together, it's jsut like every pig for them self.  It's horrible seeing them fight.

Please help me find a solution, so I can tell my teacher what to do while we are over seas for about 4 days.

Please Help,
Ashlee & Boomer!