[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Cocoa's teeth

Dr Kay Dudman kay.dudman at londonmet.ac.uk
Wed Mar 26 10:34:12 EDT 2008

Hi Suzy

Sorry to hear that Cocoa is still having trouble.  I saw my Vet today with
three of my piggies, and took the opportunity to ask him about Cocoa.  He
said that if the jaw was dislocated, you would see that the front teeth no
longer line up, so that if the right jaw was dislocated, the lower teeth
would be slanting off to the left.  He felt it was more likely that the jaw
bone might be broken just past the joint, but that it could heal in time.
That could account for the jaw being moved about more than it should be, but
without it being dislocated.  Guinea pig jaws are very fragile.

I will email you privately as well.

Kay