[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: Cocoa

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Fri Mar 28 02:31:45 EDT 2008

Dear Suzy,

     I know how much you tried to help your little Cocoa, then, of course, I
read that you had had to help him to the Bridge after all. It seemed to me
that things were emotionally complicated for you by your daughter so badly
wanting to "give him a chance" to get better. It is sometimes so difficult to try to
meet two opposing sets of needs especially when we ourselves hope that there
might be some cause for hope. I kept Wilson with me a day too long, by
continuing just "one more day" in trying to reverse his physical deterioration. We
hope, we want to save them, we pray.... Yet sometimes certain thing are just not
to be.
      You and your family have been through a lot with Cocoa. Your hopes have
been encouraged and discouraged even by your friends here, myself included.
     I'm glad that your girls were able to accept the need to help Cocoa to
the Bridge and delighted that someone, seemingly by chance, posted the poem
about the Rainbow Bridge which proved to be helpful to your daughter. (There is
also a lovely site with the poem.)
     All of your family members have my sympathy and condolences, but you
absolutely made the right decision for Cocoa. Knowing that does not lessen the
need to grieve, however.
     I almost smiled when I read about your daughter mentioning the Rainbow
Bridge "Bus." Actually, several of our members have reported sighting    ;)
Wilson's once famous recreational, state of the art, "RV" (Rodent Vehicle) in
the area when one of our little ones leaves for the Bridge. Some of the most
famous Bridge guinea pigs comfort, and apparently help transport the new
piggies to the Bridge.   George the Guinea Pig is one of those GP's welcoming pig
gies.
     Joe would say that one more star now twinkles brightly in the night, a
tribute to the new boy or girl piggy at the Bridge. That must be true.

     Now, might I ask you to send the link to Cocoa's picture site? Somehow
I've been unable to locate it, and by now I feel that I almost know Cococa
personally.

Again, our sympathies,
Alge, Charlie the Jolly Rodent, and Captain Jack Sparrow