[Gpdd] HEALTH clumpy poops

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Mon Mar 31 05:05:58 EDT 2008

Hi Kelly,

Could Waffles be impacted? Rather than write a long description of this small problem, not uncommon in boars, have a look at http://www.guinealynx.com/impaction.html where it is described in full with pictures too. Sometimes, when a boar first experiences this problem, a clump of poos can be passed but after a while, they stick together, trapped inside and the piggy needs our help. After passing a clump, he is able to pass normal ones for a while until they start to clog up inside again, which could be why you are seeing single ones in his cage.

I have treated several Piggyfriend boars who became impacted and it is not hard to do, you just need a peg for your nose! When you pick Waffles up, you may be able to feel a clump of poo inside him, waiting to be expelled.

It might not be a pleasant job for you but Waffles will thank you for your help.

Do post again if you think that this is not Waffles' trouble and I will have another think.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.