[Gpdd] Misc seizures and hairy pig

Carole Appleby guinea_pig_8 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 31 16:44:13 EDT 2008

A while ago we were discussing seizures and i posted about my friends pig who had them and the vet said it was epilepsy. Most of you wrote it would be mites. A few days ago she said her pigs hair was falling out, i thought it must be mites i told her to go back to the vets. She saw a different one and he said it was mites. That poor little pig suffered 3 weeks with the seizures everyday last week. I feel so angry the vet should have thought mites as you all did. Im glad my pigs dont go there. The piggie is getting better now i just hope theres no permanent damage.

  I got a baby pig at christmas he was a bit fluffy but now his fur is manic its so long and thick its all over his face. Ive trimmed him once but its all back. The thickness of it is scarey i dont know how hes going to get on in the summer. I dont no if i should cut it right back or what. Has anyone any ideas. Its got a parting down the middle. In the book it looks like a peruvian.Thanks Carole