[Gpdd] ANNOUNCE Piggyfriends' 5th. birthdays

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Thu May 1 05:03:37 EDT 2008

I seldom know the ages of my precious Piggyfriends, let alone the dates of their birthdays, but today ( May 1st.) I am delighted to announce that Gingerbread and Mayflower are five years old.

Some of you will know their story, how I collected them in utero with their mother Ginger, together with their sisters, Diamond and Peridot. Ginger had just had her first litter at the age of five and was already pregnant again. She was living wild in a garden and it was both a credit to Ginger and a miracle that the babes had survived the cold of an English winter. The strain of caring for her first two babes left Ginger without any milk for the next two, who, when they arrived, were tiny wobbly runts, whom I did not expect to survive. Although she could not feed them herself, Ginger cared for these two in every other way and they grew into plump healthy piggies.

Ginger and Peridot are sadly no longer with us but Gingerbread and Mayflower can celebrate today's event with their older sister Diamond and all three can now be entered into the SCAMPS list.Thanks Debbie and I hope that you enjoyed your trip "home".

Sam is now a SCAMP too. I don't know the exact date of his birthday but from the details supplied by his previous owner, he was born sometime this month in 2003 so he can celebrate today with the rest of my little herd.

Romaine, cucumber and parsley all round and pass the carrot wine. Cheers!!

Penny and the Piggyfriends.