[Gpdd] Announcement: my piggy's 4th birthday

Glenda English gapeachge at yahoo.com
Thu May 1 16:21:52 EDT 2008

Hi,
This is the first time I've posted.  Today is my older female piggy's birthday.  Callie is 4 today.  She has enjoyed mucho hay, cantaloupe (her fave), red delicious apple and fresh spinach.  Our baby pig, whom we've had almost a week, is Cookie. Cookie is 2.5 months old.  For one more week they're in separate cages, but they get to visit a little during floor time in their cozies and are always talking to each other when in their cages.  Thanks to Cookie, our very laid back Callie is talking more, popcorning more and is "acting" more like a guinea pig than she has in a while.

She's still kind of grouchy and doesn't like to be picked up. That's always a challenge to get her out of the cage to clean it.  We have to practically bribe her with treats into her little cuddle cup and lift her out that way.  Sometimes, that doesn't work and I have to scoop around her.  That makes her mad and she tries to bite me.  Any suggestions?  She drew blood on my hand in two places last weekend during the "showdown".  She's so sweet, but just so grumpy sometimes.  Healthwise, she's in great shape.  Callie hasn't had a playmate since she was around 3 mos old.  Her cage mate passed away unexpectedly.  Callie was living at my daughter's dad's house at the time.  She has only lived in my house since Feb. 08.

Hello to all fellow piggy friends.  I love these little critters so much.  I can't wait to get home from work to play with them.
Glenda in south GA