[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Happy 5th birthday to 3 Piggyfriends - & 5 Dolly Mixtures!

debjonsara at aol.com debjonsara at aol.com
Fri May 2 12:40:43 EDT 2008

 Congratulations to Gingerbread, Mayflower and Sam on becoming Senior Citizen Ageing Miracle Pigs, and joining the ever-growing subgroup of SCAMPS! Your slave must certainly be doing something right to have helped you reach such impressive ages after your difficult beginnings!

May 6th will be the 5th anniversary of the dreadful day when 5 Dolly Mixtures were massacred by 2 dogs in our garden - the "video" of the moments when I found them all lying dead still plays vividly in my mind more often than I would like. Two days later, at my own request, the friend who gave me my first guinea pig gave me another 5, rescued from the Crocodile Woman who was once again selling her surplus stock as crocodile food to a reptilarium. Actually it was a mistake on my part, I was not ready for 5 different guinea pigs, and I don't think I ever quite forgave them for not being the precious, tame babies I had lost. But they are obviously over 5 years old now, having been weaned when I adopted them on 8th May, so they can now also become SCAMPS. Their names are Scrabble (Fidget's former companion, seemingly doing OK though he did split his front paw a couple of weeks ago and I feared he was going to bleed to death), and the girlies Ambree, Gisele, Caramel and Nuage.

I never thought any of the Dolly Mixtures would make it to 5, and I do hesitate to celebrate their ages after losing Fidget and Cherry so soon after their 5th birthday celebrations. But still we hear of piggies maknig it to 6 or 7, and that has to give us all hope!

Debbie