[Gpdd] Rainbow bridge

Suze suze at ns.sympatico.ca
Tue May 6 15:17:34 EDT 2008

I've been lurking a bit, and then away for 10 days, so I'm slowly
catching up on digests.  I thought I would let you all know that little
Will went to the bridge last night.  He was staying with a great sitter
who ended up having to take him to the vet's, then give him
pain/antibiotic meds almost the entire time we were away.  He had had
his bottom teeth removed, and a rather large infection 'cured' a while
back, and seemed to be okay.  Apparently the infection moved into his
jaw, and by Sunday he was refusing his critical care and not moving.  I
couldn't face putting him through anything more, so the nice people at
our emergency clinic helped him over the bridge.  We buried him today,
and had quite long cuddles with his buddies Rocky and Feef.  Will was
five years old or thereabouts, and had lived on his own since his sister
died.  He had been neutered  so he could live with her, something I
won't do again, but Will bore it well.  He was always the elder brother
to the other two, ignoring most of their shenanigans, and simply eating
his food. We will miss him.
Suze, Rocky and Feef in Nova Scotia