[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] And then there were SEVEN

DL1Bossfan at aol.com DL1Bossfan at aol.com
Fri May 9 22:52:02 EDT 2008

Hi Friends:
I got a call around 3:30 p.m. this afternoon from my vets office. A  mother
of three children (all under the age of three) had brought in a guinea  pig and
left him at the office.  Apparently he was being mistreated (duh)!  by the
children.  Rachel  - the vet's assistant knew just who to call  - LOL.  Guess
she knew I could not say no!
So please welcome "Zion" to the GPDD!  He is a brown Abby - with a  splotchy
crest like cap with a tan streak in it on his head! Quite a  friendly little
fellow.  Funny thing -- tonight he seems more relaxed than  the rest of my
group!  Guess he is relieved to be away from the kids!   He was on that filler
cereal junk stuff -- so I am gradually going to get him on  a plain timothy based
pellet.  I gave him a small piece of romaine and  apple which he gobbled up,
and I also gave him hay which he seems to be  enjoying.  His owner had him in
a very small cage with what looked to be  yard mulch as bedding!  He is in a
larger cage now and on Aspen.   I have him in the hallway -- within earshot of
the others, but not too  close.  Zion had already been named, so he will keep
it for the time being  -- he has already been through a lot of change. The
"plan" is just to  foster him till a forever home can be found...but you all know
me.  We'll  just have to see what happens.  At least he is in a loving
environment and  out of harms way.
Piggy kisses to everyone- and Happy Mother's Day!  After all - we all  have
furry kids, but some have human kids as well!
Donna and the 7 SC piggies
Huck, Becky, Thatcher, Big Jim, Aunt Polly, Houdini, and  Zion

favorites at AOL Food.