[Gpdd] [Health] salt licks

kaplans at peoplepc.com kaplans at peoplepc.com
Sat May 10 06:32:29 EDT 2008

Hi Everyone!

I have a piggy named Kiss 'n' Kate that likes salt licks. She really enjoys them [they are the brown one because I have heard that those one have not had all the minerals bleached out of them] and she really goes through them fast. She drinks a normal amount of water and I was wondering if I should continue to give her them or should I take it out.

Could it be that it's OK that she ingests more salt then other pigs like people do? I know that I need a lot of salt in my diet more then the rest of my family. I don't know I was just wondering. Can anyone help me out?

Sarah and the piggy gang.