[Gpdd] VIRTUAL Lady Bug's Birthday and Camping Trip.

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Tue May 13 08:28:13 EDT 2008

Hello GPDD friends, Daisy Piggyfriend here. I am sorry to be late with details about Lady Bug's birthday and the camping weekend but I have been a little under the weather. Our Rodentologist was concerned that I might have a bladder stone and I had to have an Xray. The Slave was very worried as I was not eating very well. As LAPS President I have a certain girth to maintain so she was syringe feeding me some yummy stuff.

Luckily for us all, the Xray showed that I did not have a stone ( Phew!! ) and am on meds for a nasty bladder infection. One of my meds tastes of banana and the other of orange so they are nice to take and I am feeling so much better that I can type this message. I had asked Gulliver to post to you all but the Slave kept taking her laptop to work with her. She doesn't realise how much we all need to use it when she is away.

My dear friend Lady Bug's birthday conveniently falls on a Sunday, 15th. June so we can have our camping weekend on the 14th./15th. June. and celebrate this wondrous occasion at the same time with lots of carrot cake and other goodies.

You will need to book your flights with PigAir to go to London Gatwick Airport. Our Slave's husband works there so he knows the PigAir Terminal and he has offered to run a shuttle service to bring you all here to Piggyfriends. For those of you travelling by car, I can send a map and directions. There is plenty of parking space and we are all excited about seeing Igor's new vehicle.

Shadow is looking forward to playing SAS soldiers with Fugly, Igor, Captain Jack and any other boars who'd like to come and, to this end, he and Frodo have been busy making camouflage netting out of Slave's strawberry nets but for those of us who prefer to laze around, there will plenty of that, I can assure you. Most of you will still be exhausted after Princess Snowflake and Teddy's wedding!

For those of you unsure about the rigours of camping, there is lots of room indoors or there is the summerhouse, where you can enjoy the outdoor life without the bother of erecting a tent. Speaking of which, I do hope that Fireball and Little John will be able to come as they have experience of camping and can show us all how it is done. Our Slave thinks that anything less than a 5 star hotel is "roughing it" so has no idea how to make a tent stay up but I am confident that we will get there in the end. Piggies are very resourceful. We built some amazing stuff for the PigOlympics didn't we?

I hope that Duke will be able to escort Lady Bug to her plane in California.

We can't wait to see our old friends again and meet a lot of new ones.

Love to you all from Daisy Piggyfriend.