[Gpdd] Health:more on the GP's in the wire bottom cages

Julie Juwles Johnson juwles at bigpond.com
Sun May 25 02:30:00 EDT 2008

Congratulations on your success Jan!    That's fantastic news.        I myself can't understand why some people (seems to be lots of people) can't understand that wire on the bottom of a piggy's cage can damage their feet!

I went to a cavy show (my first one) a couple of weeks ago, and purchased a small brochure on how to look after piggies, curious if there was any info in there that I didn't already know about.   There wasn't.

But, even within that brochure the experts (stud owners) are telling people to put wire bottoms on their cages so the piggies can eat through to the grass.    Why can't they just say don't put any wire on the bottom, that makes it even easier for piggies to eat the grass!   Of course, how can I, a mere pig lover/worshipper, not a cavy stud owner, tell this cavy fancier club that they are wrong with their information!??!!

Regards to all at the GPDD
and condolences to those who have lost their beloved friends recently

Julie, Donald & Wheeky (used to be Dino, but it doesn't suit when he's such a talkative piggy so I changed his name!)
Muppet, Teddy, Dougall, Archie & Brandy at the Bridge