[Gpdd] (Health) Re: Tumbleweed's Abscess

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Wed May 28 19:50:47 EDT 2008

Cindy,

  I'm sorry to hear that poor little Tumbleweed's abscess has returned. Is your vet just lancing it? Unfortunately, abscesses become encapsulated and the capsule needs to be removed (all of it or as much as possible) or it will just keep coming back. She needs to check into antibiotics that can penetrate tissue (like chloramphenicol or metronidizole), but I don't know which ones are effective against MRSA. I'm glad Doctor Friday keeps up with the little patient, and we'll keep Tumbleweed in our thoughts and prayers.

  -Stacy and the Squee Squad