[Gpdd] CARE: Oxbow and Kleenmama's

VERNON LEE SMITH janelle300 at q.com
Sat May 31 17:25:52 EDT 2008

My 4 piggies way prefer Kleenmama's Timothy Hay over Oxbow's.  I get the second cutting.  The 1st cutting is too coarse and the 3rd cutting is too fine.

I buy Oxbow's Cavy Cuisine from "Bunny Bytes" in Washington State.  I get the smaller bags and keep both the opened and unopened bags in the freezer to protect the Vit. C.  I keep a small amount in a Tupperware container for everyday use.  It has a tight lid.

Both of these places are in Washington State and I live in Oregon.  The shipping costs are pretty good.

My gp's also love the Oxbow Vit. C. tablets.  They have an apple smell.  I give it every other day.  My Vet said that bladderstone pigs should not have a lot of Vit. C.

Of course, they also get fruits and veggies, but since they're on a "Bladderstone" diet, there are many fruits and veggis they can't have...and some of these are high in Vit. C......bummer!

Janelle