[Gpdd] HEALTH Fireball's bladder stone

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sat Nov 1 12:52:08 EDT 2008

Jocelyn,

I have never had a piggy needing surgery for a bladder stone but I have ground up poos from a healthy piggy and syringed them in a slurry to a poorly one. It is a good way to improve gut flora. A similar effect can be had by breaking up a Brewer's yeast tablet and crumbling it in a little water. This is particularly good for boars who have become impacted and may be missing out on the contents of their own caecal pellets.

We will be thinking of the little orange boy on Monday and wish him all the very best at the vets.

Good luck Fireball,

Penny and the Piggyfriends.