[Gpdd] Silly: Spunky's reaction to Meds

Birdie Horn birdlonglegs at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 7 13:47:41 EST 2008

After taking Spunky to the vet I had to
give him a liquid med SMZ TMP Susp 240mg,
what ever that is. Well Mr. Spunky was not
that eggcited about the meds, just about as
eggcited over the  $108 vet bill, and balked
a bit about taking it. I sat him down on the
table in front of me to syringe him the meds
and he smelt it and promptly turned his head.
The look on his face stuck me as funny and I
laughed. It was the look of what the heck is
that stuff you are trying to give me GLARE of
which he is so good at. Well after laughing at
him I was given another look that was basically,
"What is wrong with you mom? You are giving
me nasty stuff and then you have the nerve to
laugh at me as well! Usually he will open his
mouth and take the syringe with little discussion.
This time he was so ticked at me I had to hold
his mouth open enough to get the tip in. After
giving him his dose he must have forgiven me
as he charged right up to his usual spot
between my shoulder and my neck. Either
he forgave me or he thought that was the
one place I couldn't give him more meds.
In any event what ever the reason he
carried on with his usual retine of the
headbutt gave that we play. It like our way
of saying to each other we cann't get close
enough to each other, then he settles in
and toally colaspes in bliss on my shoulder.
Birdie