[Gpdd] HEALTH: Re: Older than we think?

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 7 16:17:58 EST 2008

It sounds like she is elderly. They do change their color of fur when they get older. Some colors change more than others. I have learned with so many that I have had to recognize the older look in guinea pigs. Their fur even looks different when they are older.
The bunny hop is definitely arthritis. It can get very bad like in humans. It sounds like that is her main problem. My guinea pigs with arthritis was on metacam for the pain.
My oldest guinea pig's digestive system shut down and she quit eating. The vet said it would be best to put her to sleep before she starved to death. That was hard because I had her the longest, but you do what is best for the pig.
Just keep her clean and comfortable. They get sweeter as they get older too.

Dawnda Stricklen

http://dawndasticklen.tripod.com/

http://www.pigs9.blinkz.com