[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENTS: Best wishes from The Surrey Squeakers

Stefanie Duffy stefanieduffy at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 8 16:48:45 EST 2008

Dear Dolly Mixtures
We are so sorry that you have lost another of your herd. We also send our love and best wishes to your slave as she starts her chemo.
We haven't had a brilliant time recently either. Our elderly grand-slave fell off a ladder and hasn't been back to normal since. He can still get us our daily grass (phew) but looking after us whilst our slave and her husband go on holiday isn't possible any more. Perhaps, they won't be going on holiday for a while though. Our slave's husband is (or should we say was) an estate agent and the credit crunch has forced the closure of his office. A couple of weeks ago one of our herd, Espresso, only 3 years old and in great form, suddenly died for no apparent reason. Last week our slave's washing machine broke down (blocked by pieces of hay - oops), the DVD recorder kept turning itself off, and the slaves' son knocked a glass of wine over on his laptop and it wouldn't work again. Then the felt on the small bit of flat roof on the slaves' house must have cracked and rain water was pouring down the inside wall and through the ceiling of the study below. It was almost funny that our slave was saying how "lucky" they'd been because the waterfall had only landed on the carpet, and had missed the computer and the piano!!! The only good thing about the present situation is that we have gained a slave. Our slave's husband always loved us from afar, but never actually looked after us. Now that he's at home, he gives us our breakfast veggies and lets us out in the morning and has started calling us HIS pigs! We'll be able to play them off against each other and be even more pampered!
Love to you all.
The Surrey Squeakers