[Gpdd] BRIDGE: Barnee

Conklin Kacee Kacee.Conklin at HCAHealthcare.com
Tue Nov 11 10:43:41 EST 2008

It's with great sadness that I report that Barnee has gone to the Bridge.  Unfortunately, I had to help him on his way.  He took a turn for the worse yesterday morning and was coughing and trying to breath.  I took him to the vet and he said there really wasn't anything he could do for the little guy.  After discussing his situation (he couldn't eat because he couldn't breathe properly), we decided not to let him go on having trouble breathing.  Although I wondered all day if I had made the right decision, I realized when I got to the vet's at 5 p.m. that it was the right one.  He had deteriorated since the morning and having a lot of trouble breathing.  Barnee was 7 1/2 or 8.  In addition to the congestive heart failure, he had some small bladder stones and a very large one which was also acting up yesterday as there was blood in his urine.

He was one of two Munchees that I got from an actual rescue and I was told he was about 2 at that time.  His buddy, Jake, went to the Bridge about a year and a half after I got from them  from the rescue.  Eventually, I put him in with Kadee and they got along fine often cuddling together in one of their hideaways.  Barnee was a sweet and gentle Munchee and I will miss him terribly.

Run free Barnee Boo and go find Jake and  Kadee to play with along with all of the other Munchees who have gone to the Bridge.  I love you little man!

Kacee and the now Munchees 15