[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: Question

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 12 20:20:05 EST 2008

I have found when you have 8 to 15 guinea pigs like many of us on the gpdd has had or have, that you do seem to loose 2 or more in 6 months to a year. When they are doing very well to live to see 5-years old, you do have to deal with many deaths. I have found that many times when two pigs live together that one dies and the other soon follows. Sometimes I wonder whether it is because of depression, because they are both elderly, or maybe sometimes because they are litter mates with the same genes.
Many older married couples die in a close time frame as well. Johnny Cash only lasted 3 months with his wife June.

We hear of many deaths on the gpdd digest because we are so sad when we loose one of our babies. We know that people here will fully understand how bad we are feeling. Therefore, we always tell people here when one of our own crosses the bridge. We, also, tell the joys of new additions to the family. I love my new Blackberry!
I guess we should tell more about the every day joys of having guinea pigs in addition to all the deaths and sicknesses.
Leah does a good job of telling the joys of having here two piggies. More of us should follow her lead.

Dawnda Stricklen

http://dawndasticklen.tripod.com/

http://www.pigs9.blinkz.com