[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge:Barnee, Expresso and others

Glenda English gapeachge at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 11:28:37 EST 2008

It's so sad to hear about all of the little piggies crossing the rainbow bridge.  Condolences going out for Barnee, Expresso and all of the others.  They tend to leave us much too soon, and I hope they're all playing together happily, hopping and popcorning in between nibbling sweet green hay and grass.

We're still grieving over Callie who crossed over in September, but Cookie and Ruby are doing great.  Ruby is almost 3 months old now, and Cookie will be 9 mos. on Friday.  They're still in separate cages, but we hope within a month or so, they can room together.  Ruby is still so little, but she has grown and eats quite heartily. Cookie looks so huge next to her and is probably close to 2 pounds.  She seems slim sometimes, and then other times, she's such a "chunk". She has really matured looks-wise since Callie's been gone.  She's not the baby anymore.

Our girls seem to be missing each other more when they have to get back in their cages after floor and/or lap time.  There's been lots of wheeking and purring going on for each other and for us.  They have good appetites and both love their hay, food, parsley, romaine, cantaloupe, carrot, honey dew and apples. Right now, they're on a Granny Smith kick.  No other variety will do.  Ruby has several nicknames now, like Nibbles, Zoom Zoom, and Spaz.  She's very talkative and sometimes downright noisy, but very funny to watch.  She's energetic and this causes Cookie to act the same way.  It's fun to see Cookie "running wild" on the floor or around her cage when Ruby's nearby.  Anyway, better get back to work.  My heart aches for all of the piggies who have crossed over.

Hugs to all piggies and their slaves from us:
Glenda, Meghan, Cookie, Ruby and (Callie)